Well, I've had a BLAST using this template, and I just finished the piece this morning!
I worked right from the hoop, and just used the lines in the print as a guide. My friend Lori had recently given me a bag chock full of beautiful threads, so I pretty much used those exclusively (thank you, Lori!). I used some organza for the skirt and as you can see, I also used the "movement" lines to highlight the texture. I also created "earrings" from beads I had left from a project I finished in about 1996. :) I chose not to backstitch her face or hands, lest it look "cartoony", but I did make her a brunette. :)
I had this fat quarter of vintage-looking fabric that I thought would complement the print nicely, and just used fusible webbing to adhere it to the fabric. I thought about embroidering the flowers but then decided it might look too busy.
I am WAY psyched about this piece!! I mean, I really like how it turned out but even better than that it that it even worked in the first place!! I don't know where this new medium is going to take me, but the possibilities are endless! WOO HOO!! :D